Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. Microwave for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. You can freeze this dip! Season with garlic salt and pepper, to taste, and mix in the chopped spinach. Heat olive oil and butter together in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. Cook, whisking regularly, until completely melted and smooth. 2023 Domestically Creative Rosemary Theme by Restored 316. Im getting hungry just thinking about that combination! In a large pot over medium-low heat add cheeses, tomatoes, milk and garlic powder. Thanks again. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and transfer to a slow cooker. Just a couple of hours on low is all it needs. I have made this in the crockpot before and it works well! Served with corn chips. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Season with garlic salt and pepper, to taste, and mix in the chopped spinach. Its a 4 cheese queso blended with spinach and pico de gallo and before you even ask, yes it is as good as it sounds. YASSS! But if, like me, you decide to buy a jar, just be sure to look for one with all-natural ingredients. It melts quicker and smoother than store bought shredded cheese! This looks fantastic! Can make the dip in the microwave or in the slow cooker. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally so the cheese does not burn. That being said, I served ours out of a regular ol', unheated bowl. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes. Well, the dip and those skinny fries! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I'm a wife to a computer nerd, mom to a sweet baby girl, and lover of all things baking, creating, and making. Required fields are marked *. Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, chopped yellow onion, cumin and chili powder and mix well until smooth and blended. I can assure you that it was gone before there was even a need to keep it warm -- ha. Add in frozen spinach and cook another 30 minutes. We are so excited about football season. Easy Shrimp and Spinach Queso Dip Print Save Rate Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Author: Lyuba Brooke Ingredients 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil 9 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed 3 garlic cloves 1/2 cup minced red onion 6 oz small raw shrimp cut in half Salt Pepper 12 oz Valveeta cheese I need to update that in the recipe card as an option. Your email address will not be published. Privacy Policy. Season with garlic salt and pepper, to taste, and mix in the chopped spinach. KITCHEN GIDGET | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. We made it in the crockpot, and it was amazing! That is some good tailgaitin' food there! I have not made it up ahead and stored in the fridge to heat later but I think that would totally work just fine! Or make it just because and enjoy with your own family! How can you not love it? Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips. I think Ive just found my new dip for the season! All rights reserved. Directions. Top with salsa, queso and guacamole (optional). Start with heating up some frozen spinach and artichoke dip. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!!! It is often served as a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables, or as a spread for sandwiches or baked potatoes. Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Just a question. many. Enjoy! Great for parties, tailgating, or as a side to all your favorite Mexican dishes! Served with corn chips. Luckily for our habit forming selves, 54th Street Grill is in our new city too. Add the butter to the pan, then the flour, stir and cook for 20 seconds before adding in the milk slowly. I ended up eating this as my lunch when I made it for the blog. By creating a profile and answering a few questions, we can transform your experience on Ready Set Eat into one thats tailored to your cooking style and tastes. Place spinach in large microwaveable bowl. You can make this recipe in a pot on the stove, or in the microwave, if you like. You can have this Mexican Spinach Dip recipe ready to bake in just minutes then it goes to hands off cooking for the final prep. This dip is super easy to make in the microwave. Please note--you may need to add extra cream if mixture gets too thick. The base of this recipe is a combination of cream cheese and Monterey Jack. Stir in diced tomatoes, cream cheese, and processed cheese. Tomatoes, pickled jalapenos,, Glazed Pigs in a Blanket pigs in a blanket baked in a sweet and savory brown sugar glaze. Stir in the spinach and season to taste with several dashes of cayenne. Heat it until it starts to melt. Time will depend on how much you have thawed. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place some Velveeta cheese and some diced tomatoes and green chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in diced tomatoes, cream cheese, and processed cheese. I modified the original recipe to make it a little bit healthier while still delivering tons of flavor. Slowly pour enough evaporated milk into the cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until desired consistency is reached; season with salt. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from the pan. We use cookies to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. Add in the garlic powder and whisk well before adding in the cheeses. Web1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach Instructions In the pot of a slow cooker, add green chiles, shredded cheese, cream cheese and salsa. Copyright 1995-2023 The Kitchen Link, Inc. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Which is good, becausenobody wants lumpy queso. Combine the cream cheese and salsa verde in a small pot set over medium heat. Thanks for another super great and easy recipe. So many times we would see a place that sounded good and would say next time we should try that place. . I chopped my spinach into long, thin strips, almost like a chiffonade of basil. It will seem like the spinach will not want to blend in but just keep stirring and it will work its way into the creamy mixture. Stir together well. Vegetable Oil 2 tsp. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ac7b8a6479ddb3e144820338362f3833" );document.getElementById("d2318eadd2").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); I'm a busy mama of 3, a cookbook author, and a full-time food blogger. My version of White Spinach Queso is admittedly different than El Arroyo's, but I actually think it's even better (shhhhhh!). Place some Velveeta cheese and some diced tomatoes and green chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Chop House Spaghetti James Beard Foundation butter, chopped parsley, salt, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and 6 more Chop House Seasoning Recipe DIY Creating and Baking Outside The Box 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 packet onion soup mix Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. Serve as directed. Web1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach Instructions In the pot of a slow cooker, add green chiles, shredded cheese, cream cheese and salsa. And now that weve moved, we never will. Serve as directed. This spinach dip recipe is perfect for a vegetarian appetizer when served with crackers or vegetables. Yet we stuck to 4. In a large microwave-safe dish, combine undrained Rotel and Velvetta cheese. Required fields are marked *. Cook, whisking regularly, until completely melted and smooth. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes until cheese has started melting. I remember learning about Rotel circa 1982 because of the rotel/velveeta dip and thinking I had found food nirvana. Wife to a computer nerd, mom to a neurotic dog and lover of all things baking, creating and making. Freeze for up to three months and dont forget to date and label (affiliate link) what it is! This dip can be made with fresh spinach if you like. I was wondering what to make this weekend, and this post came right in time! Add the onion and jalapeo and salute until tender. Tortilla Chips I like to buy the tortilla rounds as they are perfect for dipping in my opinion! In a cast iron skillet add the canola oil on medium high heat. Thank you. Yes, that is correct! Stir together well. It is canned diced tomatoes with green chiles. So easy & tastes great. Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro and stir well. But at any rate, if I say QUESO and you envision a melted bowl of cheesy goodness -- perfect for copiously dipping up with crispy tortilla chips -- well then, mi amigo, we are on the same page. Thanks! Hot dips should be discarded after sitting at room temperature for 2 hours or longer. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Easy Spinach Queso only 3 ingredients! Stir in heavy cream and cook 30 minutes. ), 40 Party Dips and Spreads for Any Occasion, The 7 Best Ranch Dressings You Can Buy at the Store, Crock Pot Ro-Tel Dip With Ground Beef and Cheese, Fontina, Spinach, and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms, Budget-Friendly Vegetarian Ramen With Curry. Add the butter to the pan, then the flour, stir and cook for 20 seconds before adding in the milk slowly. I buy the TGI Fridays Spinach Artichoke Dip at Walmart. Directions. Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until thick and bubbly then add in the spinach and stir. Its easy! Tasty Recipes That Save Time and Money Too! Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until thick and bubbly then add in the spinach and stir. Lastly, add shredded cheese and fresh baby spinach and stir to combine. To say I love spinach or spinach and artichoke dip is an understatement! Sausage, pepperoni, cream cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, and diced tomatoes. ******Using blocks of cheese and shredding yourself works better in this recipe, however I have used pre-shredded cheese with no issues. Stir really well. If you prefer a warm spinach dip, warm the ingredients up in a slow cooker and serve the dip whenever you're ready. 10 Delicious Super Bowl Recipes & 10 Creative Super Bowl Decorations, 10+ Easy Recipes You HAVE to Try This Week - Inside the Fox Den, Pickled Jalapeno Peppers in the Refrigerator. Submit Your Recipe Today! Im a big fan of dips as they are so versatile and really easy to prepare. Thank you. Bake the dip in the oven or slow cooker until its warm and bubbling. Chop the onions and jalapenos ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day. Espinaca Dip is a Mexican (or Tex-Mex) hot cheese spinach dip made from cooked and pureed spinach mixed with cheese, cream cheese and spices. Filled with fresh spinach, canned diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, spices and more, its easy to prepare and ready in just 30 minutes. This makes a great appetizer or game day snack. Lastly, add the spinach queso mixture to a prepared 2-quart casserole dish (5). Web1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach Instructions In the pot of a slow cooker, add green chiles, shredded cheese, cream cheese and salsa. Be sure to check out my Amazon Shop to discover the many items I use in my own kitchen. diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained (also known as ROTEL), Queso Recipe, Spinach Queso, White Spinach Queso. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. This is where the queso gets its flavor and peppery kick, with only as much effort as required to open a jar and dump it in. Add the cheese and half and half and continue stirring until melted. While you can make a meal out of this dip, you probably need a few other snacks to round out your party spread. Hot dips should be discarded after sitting at room temperature for 2 hours or longer. She's not afraid to get messy or fire up a power tool and she has yet to meet a dessert she hasn't liked. All images and text Plain Chicken, Inc. Beer Cheese Crack Dip a must for parties and game day! Combine the cream cheese and salsa verde in a small pot set over medium heat.

Sherwood Country Club Famous Members, Articles C

chop house spinach queso dip recipe